Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Lazy Georgia snow days

SO, I have been SUPER DUPER busy. SO much to update!

 First of all, I am delaying finishing up some family calendars right now. I think I deserve some laziness.  Something about collecting acceptable pictures from everyone, transferring them to the computer, downloading, then uploading, and creating… it isn't always a cup of creative fun for me.  But I do enjoy putting things together for my family, so that goes for something, right?

Second, I don't think I have updated in a while, not that it really matters because I haven't done a "blog blast" yet for this. I have a lot to update. I have been a part of a wedding, seen the holidays come and go, finally have a full blown walking toddler, gone on a 5 day (no baby) Mexico trip, and feel like I have been working on a project for someone at some point every chance I get to sit down. PLUS, my husband and I went to the most fabulous music "festival" in Mexico, headlining our very favorite band. I will make a post about that later on….hopefully. We haven't really stopped in the last couple months.

Third, I really want to make some changes here. This is exactly why I didn't send out a link and Facebook blast everyone I know about this blog. I knew myself well enough. I haven't always been the best about putting things on paper(or, um, keyboard) that are well phrased and express exactly how I feel. I mean, lets be real, I am not here to create a blog of my profound thoughts to accept a literary excellence award! (wink, wink) I think that is all pretty obvious! (HA!)  I don't think a couple of these posts express and show exactly how I feel, and in fact, may sound… too opinionated, one sided, and harsh. That is the exact opposite of what I want. If anything, motherhood has made me, over time, a more humble, but less judgmental person.  It is quite embarrassing for me to think about how judgmental I was and ignorant about raising a child I was when I wasn't even a mother myself. But hey, at least I realize that, right? So, if I can make myself take a chill pill here more and just sit down on the couch and relax and update during nap time, I will. :)

Fourth, we are officially done nursing. I decided it was probably best to stop when going out of town. He did fine while I was gone and we got him down to once a day, at bedtime. I am sad about it. I never thought I would ever say that! It is a sign that your baby is growing up. :(  It was a long and tough road in the beginning but I am so very thankful that I was strong enough to keep going because it was worth every second.

Our weather, as of late, has been quite bipolar.  They thought it would freeze, and it didn't… then they thought it would freeze, and it didn't….today there was snow on the ground! I would call it a "dusting". It was not much, but it sure is pretty to look at temporarily. No one wants a repeat of last years "Snowpocalypse". I don't care what anyone says, north or south, we are not prepared for that( and I lived in CT for 2 years). We didn't even get that much snow during snowpacalypse. The problem is ice and our un-treated roads and living in a major metropolitan city, you just can't assume it isn't going to be that bad and then realize too late that EVERYONE in or around the city of Atlanta needs to get home ASAP.  Schools buses and cars were stuck and broken down. People were stuck in "snow traffic" for over 24 hours! That is insane. The city of Atlanta has terrible traffic on a warm sunny day already, with people coming and going at all different hours. That was a bad call last year. Whew. I think we all know, and hope, that isn't happening again.

The last couple of days I have fallen down the cloth diaper rabbit hole again. I currently have 9 medium GDiapers, 12  G inserts, 3 Charcoal Bamboo inserts, and 4 thin bamboo inserts. I ordered 12 new pouch "liners" yesterday. and I am going to return my accidental bum genius microfiber stay dry inserts purchase in exchange for a 3 pack of Flip stay dry inserts. I purchased a clearance Flip cover(hook and loop) to try out and I may purchase one more flip(snap version) when I run to exchange my inserts. I do love GDiapers and their concept but sometimes they just let me down. I feel like the fit, the separate pieces, and washing properly leaves too much room for error or ruining. I want to be able to use these again, IF there is a number two! The laundry doesn't bother me, it may sound really weird, but I actually like it. I bought them, they are quality, so I want to take care of them. Is that weird? Like having a car you love and want to keep it nice and clean(or not really?). You get it. So I am now curious to dive in a little more and improve our cloth diapering as a whole. I want some variety. Something to compare to. I want more. So I will update more on that.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures from the three of us on our North Georgia day drive right after we got back from Mexico. :) Amicalola Falls. Pictures also feature my Obimama wrap conversion Mei Tei!  I am saving Mexico Pictures for my post about that trip.



I won't go missing for so long, next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment